Monday, October 26, 2009

Never, never, never, never, give up






































Winston Churchill's famous quote, "Never, never, never, never give up" served me well today.
After asking for Murray's direction on the first version I decided to go in further search of the elusive "stitchy line" so characteristic of David Stone Martin and Ben Shahn. I have tried drawing with brushes and several different pen nibs. Read that DSM was hard on his nibs and probably went through a few just in one drawing. So I decided to push the nib a bit harder and started coming up with what I think Murray was talking about--the "stitchy line". I even tried Andy Warhol's blotted line (printing) technique (the blotchy line drawing above) I also made some color changes and tried to push that further also...

1 comment:

Chad Grohman said...

This is a really nice direction.